Monday, August 23, 2010

I Bought City Quilts!!!

I am still working on giving my blog a makeover. Thank you for your patience while I work on it! What do you think of the fish? They are almost too cute for words and I love feeding them but I am worried they might make the page load slower.

I also decided to finally move out all of my stuff from my "cave" in the basement and set up shop in my dining room upstairs (it was empty) so that we can repaint the walls down there. Currently the walls are painted in this awful greenish tan color and the paint has a texture almost like sand paper. I am sure someone crazy like Hildi from Trading Spaces thought it would be an awesome idea to put sand in paint and sell it (obviously others agree because they buy it) but I for one and not a fan at all. We're going to get rid of the texture somehow and repaint the walls in a color that gets my creative juices flowing.

I love my new set up in the dining room so much! I will have to come up with something similar or better when I go back downstairs so that I don't miss it. One of the coolest things about the new work area is that I was able to set up two work stations so friends can come over and sew too!

Come on over friends! I'll pop open a bottle of wine or mix you a rum and coke!

Today's big news is that I finally bought a copy of City Quilts. In honor of their 400th (5 posts ago) blog post, they are giving away a free pattern of your choice when you order the book! I chose to get The Tempest as my free pattern because I couldn't resist the purple! Go check out Cherry House Quilts!
from the Cherry House Quilts web shop
from the Cherry House Quilts web shop
Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really want a copy of that book. I might have to break down and buy one too.

Molly Anne said...

Oh wow that purple quilt is gorgeous!

And oh how I laughed when you mentioned Hildi would like the sandpaper paint. So totally true.

Feeding the fish! I spent five minutes playing with that. It was really fun. It might make the page load more slowly for slower connections but I didn't have a problem with it.