Thursday, February 3, 2011

Weekend Sewing - Andrea and the NOVA MQG

I convinced my friend Andrea to come up for the weekend so she could participate in a  sewing event I planned for the NOVA Modern Quilt Guild. It didn't take much to twist her arm and it was a lot of fun having her here.

We were sitting on the family room sofa, she was knitting, and I was sewing hexagons:

hexies

She told me how much she loved the pincushion I was using and asked if I made it. I proudly told her it was a gift from traceyjay from the Make Mine Modern swap (formerly Modern Swapping).

Pincushion love

Tracey has some much better photos in her stream but you can tell from my photo that it gets a lot of use!

I knew traceyjay had linked the pattern so we checked it out and picked out some fabrics to make one for Andrea.

The combination of prints is just precious! The browns, pinks, creams, and greens make such a great combination and Andrea loves them so that's what matters most.

Here are some (probably way too many but I couldn't help myself) photos of Andreas pincushion:

Andrea's pincushion and thread catcher

Andrea's pincushion and thread catcher

Andrea's pincushion and thread catcher

Andrea's pincushion and thread catcher

Andrea's pincushion

Andrea's pincushion

We also finished up the coffee cozy Andrea has been working on. It was hand pieced and machine quilted, then hand embroidered for a more quilted look. We added some Velcro rather than sewing the ends together so that Andrea can use it for various sized cups.

Andrea's coffee cozie

Andrea's coffee cozy

So cute! I just love hexies!

Happy Quilting!