Wednesday, March 23, 2011

NOVA Modern Quilt Guild Preemie Quilt 3 and Wonky Cross Block Update

I finished up my third quilt top last night using the remaining six squares from my charm pack: all pinks and reds. I added six white squares to the mix and made pinwheels from them. I used strips of varying widths in white and two prints from my stash to border the six pinwheels.  If I could do it all over again I think I would have swapped the placement of the two prints but I still like the way it all came together and I still have a chance to balance it with a darker border.

NOVA MQG Preemie Quilt

NOVA MQG Preemie Quilt

NOVA MQG Preemie Quilt

I couldn't resist snapping a quick photo of some of the perle cotton I received earlier this week from Purl Soho. I am definitely going to go there someday and shop in person!

Perle from Purl Soho

I plan to use these on the Wonky Cross quilt I am making in honor of my friend who passed a few months ago. This photo is a little old--all the blocks have been pieced now and it's ready for basting--but it's laid out the way I sewed the blocks together so you can get a good idea of what it looks like now:

do. Good Stitches {A Charity Bee} - Hope January Quilt

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. I don't think I say thanks enough....without you readers I am literally just talking to myself. Thirty readers and counting! When I get to 50 I have something special in store for you...

Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

Just lovely! All of it.

Unknown said...

Natalie it's gorgeous! I love it!