I can't believe it's already Wednesday...
I can't believe it's already October...
Where does the time go?
Just to give a quick update since it's been so long since I've blogged...
- We became God parents to our beautiful niece Sophie Lee. She is adorable.
- I bought some necklaces at Allora Handmade. I love them.
- I've had some major health issues which have affected both my free time and my mental state, in good ways and bad. I would tell you about what's going on but the end result is pretty sad and I don't want to bring everyone down. I'm OK. I'm feeling better. No need to worry.
- I went to Mexico with my wonderful husband to recover from said health issues. We stayed at a luxury All Inclusive (<--check it out!). It was fabulous. We didn't ride on any jet skis.
- Before leaving for Mexico, I dropped my Bernina 1260 for routine servicing. I still don't have it back. I miss it.
- I've been using my old Brother ($99 Target special) while my machine is in the shop. It doesn't sew as nicely as my Bernina so I am avoiding doing anything important with it including the Rainbow I Spy blocks. I have made a couple of book covers for some new paperbacks I bought. I will put up some pictures when I am done embroidering them and I have plans for a tutorial after the Rainbow I Spy block drive is done. Other than that, I haven't been machine sewing.
- I've been passing the time by working on a couple hand-sewn hexagon projects. One will probably take years (queen sized quilt made from 1" hexagons) and one will probably take a couple months (8 place mats made from 2" hexagons). I will eventually show pictures of both. I've been delighted by all the Rainbow I Spy packages I've received. Opening the mailbox has been so much fun. You can still make and turn in blocks all through this month. I've been working on bundling the blocks I have received so that they will be ready when I get my Bernina back.
- I have been watching quite a bit of TV including new shows New Girl, Free Agents, Up All Night, Secret Circle, Terra Nova, old favorites Parenthood, Modern Family, The Sing Off, SNL, Chelsea Lately, Community, Glee, and I am looking forward to the season premieres of House, Bones, Game of Thrones, True Blood, and Cougar Town. I am sure I am missing some of my shows. I have a lot of shows. At least I sew while I watch so I'm not just a couch potato.
- I have been reading a lot. I am currently reading The Help. I have read so many books lately that I'm having trouble remembering them all individually but they include: Guilty Pleasures, The Laughing Corpse, Circus of the Damned, A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords (audiobook in progress), Captivated, Entranced, Charmed, Enchanted, Heaven is For Real, and Dark Predator.
- We are painting our Family Room and getting some new shelves for all my books. I can't decide between Gold and Toast.
- I have plans to make some new drapery for the family room. I picked out a fabric with blue Greek keys on a white-ish background. I have no idea how to make drapes.
- Hopefully I will have some pictures to share soon.