Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tic Tac Toe On The Go Mats

This weekend I've been working on a little project I saw on Jaybird Quilts called 'Tic Tac Toe on the Go'. It's a quilted play mat made from chalk cloth and you're favorite prints. Julie developed her tutorial as part of Castle Peeps Summer Camp (more projects here). Check it out for all sorts of great projects for kids using Lizzy House Castle Peeps!

I am making these little mats as Christmas gifts for all of the 5 year olds in the family and combining them with some chalk sticks, a cloth to wipe between games, and a bag to carry it all in. I followed the instructions for the most part but I did not worry about fussy cutting the sashing. I am sure it would have looked better but the kids aren't going to care and it seemed like a waste of fabric.

Despite not fussy cutting the sashing, I think the first two I made turned out great! I combined Castle Heraldry Royal Blue, Castle Town Royal Blue, and Castle Flags Yellow from fabricworm.com for two of the mats and am planning to make more using the same patterns in red as the main color and blue as the binding.

I don't actually have any chalk yet but as soon as I get some I will show you some action shots!

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been dying to work with the chalkboard fabric. Do you love it?