Monday, December 20, 2010

do. Good Stitches {a Charity Bee} December Blocks

It's been very busy around here. All the hustle and bustle of the season has had me very tied up still. Hopefully in the new year I will be able to post more but for now I'm keeping it short and sweet.

Here are my latest blocks for my do. Good Stitches {a Charity Bee}. Jeni asked us to make two 12.5" (unfinished blocks) checkerboard style blocks using turquoise and orange. My original idea was to make a very simple block with 4 squares and within 1 of the squares I would make a square from 9 smaller squares.

However, it didn't work out so well...in an end-of-the-weekend-I-just-drove-7-hours-in-the-last-2-days stupor I miscalculated and ended up with a block of 9 squares too big to work for my block. I could have gotten my seam ripper out and made it work but I didn't feel like doing that. Instead, I made 2 blocks with big squares and 2 blocks with my 9 patch block bordered with orange and aqua. Jeni gets 2 bonus blocks!

Here are some photos of the unfinished blocks I will be sending to Jeni later this week: 





And all of the blocks together:

I hope these blend in well with the other blocks all the ladies in the group are making!

Happy Quilting

ps--in some of these photos you can see the new color of paint we put up in our basement. It's called Sassy Green and I love it!

1 comment:

DropDeadCute said...

Sassy Green is in my entry way :)

The blocks look great. Love the colors!