Friday, June 25, 2010

Charm Style

I placed my order at the Missouri Star Quilt Company and am looking forward to receiving my goodies in the mail. I ended up getting several charm packs, a Kona Solid jelly roll, some solid black fabric that I am going to cut into 2..5" strips for sashing, and the binding tool as well as a Dresden Plate ruler. I have never thought of doing anything that traditional but I think there might be a way to modernize the pattern with non-traditional fabric colors. I can't wait to try out this pinwheel technique from the Missouri Star Quilt Company. I wasn't able to find it directly through their website but I was able to find it on youtube.com



I have been re-organizing my sewing space, hence no new projects at the moment. I am only now realizing that I didn't take any before pictures to document how absolutely terrible my set-up was before but I will take some pictures of how things are set up now. I love having my sewing space in the basement of our townhouse because it's nice and cool!

No comments: