Saturday, June 26, 2010

Rainbow Around the Block Part 2

I have been using my time this weekend to write wedding thank you cards and catch up on some sewing projects I have been meaning to do. I mentioned in an earlier post that I want to donate some blocks for Ana Maria Horner's Rainbow Around the Block. I made 6 blocks to send to TN for this project. Here are some pictures!

I tried out the Missouri Star Quilt Company's pinwheel technique to make these triangles but I didn't like the way they looked as pinwheels since all of the fabrics are brown. I sewed them together so that all of the polka dot fabrics were going to same way and all of the prints were going the same way. For the second block I had a couple of leftover rows of triangles so I added a few strips of print fabric between the rows and around the edges:


I tried the Disappearing 9 Patch technique with some pink scraps I had laying around:

I tried The Joesph Block from Ana Maria Horner's blog with some orange scraps and fat quarters:

And finally I made a scrappy strip block with some strips leftover from the nursing cover I made my sister and the coasters I made my neighbor:

I'm also thinking about making a cover for my camera strap to make it pretty. I am not sure what colors I want to do yet...Purple is "my" color but I am not sure if I have any great purples lying around. I'm going go go dig around my stash and see if I can find something that will work. Happy sewing!

No comments: