Friday, June 10, 2011

Inspired: True Green

May's do. Good Stitches {A Charity Bee}'s project in the Hope group is a sampler quilt using 'true green' (not pastel) with touches of white, gray, and black.



Images from Toast and Tables, Jennifer Skog, Popular Interior Design, Graphics, and DecoCouture

This is a bold color combination and I really like the energy! It is a naturally occurring combo (kiwi, green apples), and can either be casual or formal depending on the patterns and use of colors. This combination can be feminine or masculine which I think is really nice because it's tough finding fabric combinations that work for guys.

What fabrics you might ask? Today's fabrics were all found at fabricworm.com. Unfortunately I couldn't make a mosaic because they have opted out. I'm not sure why...it's free advertising right? Oh well, here are a few of my favorites in this colorway:

fabricworm
fabricworm
fabricworm

fabricworm

fabricworm

fabricworm

fabricworm

If you're looking to pick up a few fat quarters, fabricworm.com already has a stash builder stack ready to go:

fabricworm

I found some great projects on flicker.com in this colorway:

Inspired: True Green

Check out the blocks that have been made so far by the ladies of do.Good Stitches for our May project:

do. Good Stitches: True Green in May

I tried but I couldn't include all of the pictures so check out the do.Good Stitches photostream to see more.

Happy Quilting

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the celebration of green! And those Echino cars are a favorite!