Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Last night Matt was so excited to start the day today that he said to me "I feel like a kid on the night before Christmas!" Why was my husband so excited? Because today is my birthday? Nope! He's excited because he's re-building his computer and his parts arrive tomorrow. Lucky for me he was also very excited to celebrate my birthday. He was so excited to give me my gift that he hid it in his nightstand and reached for it right after his alarm went off this morning. This year Matt gave me a gift certificate for a day at the spa including a facial, back massage, and spa manicure/pedicure and is taking me out to dinner at Macaroni Grill. What a treat right!? He's so good to me.

We then took Lucy for a nice long walk around the neighborhood together which is something we haven't done for a long time. We're going to try to get back in the habit of a long walk in the morning and the evening together with Lucy because all of us need the exercise.

To celebrate my birthday I brought in sour grape jelly bellies to share at work because I didn't have time to make cupcakes last night. Thankfully I won't go without them for my birthday this year because my brother Michael and his girlfriend Samantha are bringing me Georgetown Cupcakes Thursday night when they come over for dinner. They are also bringing some of the halibut they caught in Alaska recently. Do any of you know of a good recipe for halibut? My brother and his girlfriend can't come over because they have something else going on that they forgot they already committed to. Bummer!

The girls at Georgetown Cupcake are the stars of the TLC show "DC Cupcakes"! They inspire me because they quit their corporate jobs to do something they love and have been really successful. I would love to do that someday...just quit my job, stay home with the kids we will have someday, and do something quilting/sewing/crafting related instead of task plans, mock-ups, requirements, testing, peer reviews, meetings, analysis, documentation, spreadsheets, etc.




What would you do if you could quit your day job?

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Thanks Lisa!!!! It was a good one!

Paulette said...

Hey, a belated happy birthday to you! Sounds like it was fun.

Well, I did quit my day job of many years, but I still work--three jobs instead of one, but primarily from home. The best part is the flexibility...and the ability to work in my yoga capris and a t-shirt.

Natalie said...

Hi P.! Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog and thanks again for the awesome giveaways!

If I quit my day job I would definitely still want to work from home in some capacity. Lounge wear is definitely a HUGE perk of working from home! I'm right there with you!