I finally got to sit down and work on the VT quilt tonight. Unfortunately my grand plan of adding more quilting didn't work out. I'm not even going to show you a picture. Luckily I was able to take out most if not all of my offensive stitching and didn't damage the quilt.
I cut it really close (haha...pun) with my plan to use the scraps from the backing for the binding. I literally had less than 5 inches of fabric leftover. Yikes.
So the binding is on, I've pressed it, I have hem clips all around the edges because I like seeing a pile of "progress" as I hand stitch the binding to the back, and I'm ready to go.
Here are some pictures because everyone loves pictures: