Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's in my Mouth and that's not a Good Thing...

FYI....Lily, that cute adorable little puggle (beagle+pug) puppy playing with my Lucy....keeps farting.


I can taste them. I know...it's disgusting.


It's hard to be upset when she's so sweetly sleeping with her head on my leg.


By the way, I am still in pjs laying on the couch wasting the day and night away watching a Harry Potter marathon on TV. Most who know me personally already know this but I battle with bouts of lethargy, feeling run down, feverish chills, feeling sick, muscle pain, joint pain, fatigue, etc. These symptoms led to me getting a full panel of blood work a while back with a surprising outcome: I have a vitamin D deficiency. At the time of diagnosis I was on the borderline of "severe" and "your-bones-are-going-to-start-getting-all-messed-up-and-junk" (said in the voice of the talking pothole from the Geico commercial). I went through 2 rounds of heavy duty vitamin D pills to get me to a semi-normal level. Apparently I just have trouble absorbing vitamin D because I still struggle with maintaining a healthy level in my body even with supplements. I heard that taking vitamin D can make you burn more easily. Confirmed. I have been spending a lot more time in the sun lately so I stopped taking supplements for now. Today I find myself back on the couch feeling sick once again. Blast you vitamin D! Sorry for no real quilting updates...maybe tomorrow.

On a more quilting related note, check out my last update on my VT quilt. Do you think it needs more quilting? I'm leaning towards yes. It's times like these when I really wish my MIL lived closer so she could come over, have a glass of wine, and tell me what she thinks. I miss her.

No comments: